Joining the global girl gang…
Since its launch, the global Women In Tech SEO community has been providing much-needed exposure for women in a male-dominated industry. So, when Areej AbuAli first told us about her plans to host a (deep breath) brand-new-first-of-its-kind-female-only-technical-SEO-conference, we jumped at the opportunity to be a silver sponsor!
The event was in honour of International Women’s Day and bought together some incredible female digital talent and talks from legendary digital women including:
- Aleyda Solis– International SEO Consultant & Founder at Orainti
- Emily Potter– Consultant at Distilled
- Hannah Rampton – Senior SEO Consultant
- Hannah Smith – Creative Content Consultant at worderist.com
- Izzi Smith – SEO Consultant
- Kirsty Hulse – Founder at Roar! Training
- Kristina Azarenko – SEO Consultant at MarketingSyrup
- Miracle Inameti-Archibong – Head of SEO at Erudite
- Roxana Stingu – Head of SEO at Alamy
- Ruth Everett – Technical SEO & Content Executive at DeepCrawl
- Stacey MacNaught – Director at MacNaught Digital
(You’ll be able to get your hands on each of the speaker’s decks on their twitter profiles or by getting in touch with Areej.)
Here are some snaps of our trip up to the big city for the first-ever Women In Tech SEO Fest…
The Barbican Centre was the perfect location for this brand new event. They even opened up the super-private conservatory for us to explore in between talks. We heard about the latest meta description research from Emily Potter. Learned how to talk to clients about things they… erm, ‘might not understand’ with Miracle Inameti-Archibong. Then silently listened to a very honest, talk from Hannah Smith which didn’t leave many dry eyes in the room.
I came away from the event with a notebook full of ideas, some tips for feeling empowered at work and some new, fierce female SEO friends!
Thank you to Areej and her team of volunteers for putting together such a beautiful event. I was blown away by the open, inspiring, exciting and judgement-free atmosphere of the day… something I haven’t found at many other conferences I’ve attended.
Everyone here at clockworkTalent feels very proud to have been a sponsor of this incredible event and we cant wait to see what the future holds for Areej and the Women in Tech SEO community. Bring on WTSFest 2021!
If you’re looking for a new job or want to hire digital marketing talent for your own team we’d love to help! You can get in touch by emailing me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.