Up to £40,000 DOE
Want to be part of a charitable group invested in the community’s health and wellbeing? Want to use your extensive digital and traditional Marketing experience whilst leading a great team in a fast paced demanding environment?
Our client is a Sussex based Charitable Trust promoting wellbeing, fitness and healthy lifestyles with a portfolio of facilities which include award winning leisure centers, sport and physical activity programmes and providing consultancy services for councils, local companies and organisations. Proud to have won Lewes Business Award- “Company of the Year”, this Trust has experienced year on year success.
Over the last year Marketing has moved from being a service to being part of the strategic operations. Systems are in place and we have in place a great team driving the day to day delivery.
We now looking to hire a Head of Marketing to provide one year of maternity cover.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for the marketing of this charitable trust. This includes a portfolio which is still growing but currently includes 8 leisure sites, 7 sport sites, a trampoline park and Newhaven Fort. You’ll lead, manage and inform 6 members of staff and build relationships with site managers, freelancers and external agencies. Inheriting a budget of £150k, there is a strong strategic roadmap in place supported by quality systems to drive the on and offline marketing strategy. This includes SEO, PPC, Email and Social Media to increase participation, membership sales and overall success of the business.
To excel in this role, it would be beneficial to bring experience of marketing a subscription / membership-based business. Having a genuine interest in fitness and being active will help you live and resonate with the brand’s message better. Experience of submitting grant applications for charity’s will also be welcome, in addition to the requirements below.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 5+ years’ experience in traditional and digital marketing
- Excellent knowledge of digital media including SEO, Email, Social Media & PPC
- Strong people management skills – ability to form strong relationships with your team and third parties
- Pixel level attention to detail – ability to proofread, with rock solid spelling and grammar
- Quality project management skills & ability to deliver to timelines
- Effective organisation skills and ability to prioritise team workload
- Experience in content creation, setup and optimisation of Google Ads
- Confidence and ability to represent Marketing and communicate at Board level
Located just outside Seaford town centre at the Trust’s head office, within a historic building which also houses one of their multipurpose leisure centres playing a vital role to the local community. There is an easy bus journey from Brighton as well as ample free car parking.
- Heavily discounted gym and leisure center membership, company pension and holiday entitlement
Ideal opportunity for a Sussex based Marketing Professional with personal passion for health and fitness – whether the gym, running or general wellbeing. If you bring Marketing expertise and have both energy and ambition to enjoy leading the Marketing strategy for a Charitable Trust, this could be the job for you! To apply, please use the contact form below or email your CV to Natasha via email@example.com quoting job reference 1001133.