Family-Run Trade Supplier
Up to £55,000 DOE
Do you get excited by the idea of taking the eCommerce reins of a soon-to-be-launched site at a company already trading £10m+ per year offline? A job where using your digital marketing and merchandising expertise, you’ll become a pivotal cog in this ambitious company’s continued growth.
Our client has a 40 year family tradition of supplying the South East of England with roofing and building materials. With great staff retention and customer service, they’ve thrived from word of mouth, trade and local customers. As part of their ambitious digital transformation programme they’ve already focused on their branding and the launch of their exciting new eCommerce website will further set them apart in their industry. To date they’ve had nominal online presence, so we’re hiring a new position into the team as Head of eCommerce to play a key role in achieving goals for 2021 and beyond.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, as Head of eCommerce you will lead the strategy and execution of this brand’s new online offering. Drawing upon your deep eCommerce and merchandising experience, you’ll use commercial insight to focus your tactics and drive online sales whilst working in close collaboration with stakeholders. Creating and implementing a customer centric online growth strategy, you’ll initially be prepared to turn your hand to most customer acquisition activities ensuring all digital marketing activity is on brand and delivering results. You’ll be versatile, prepared to initially manage agencies and being hands-on before hiring and leading your team of specialists.
This role will evolve over time from being initially a stand alone, hands-on role to hiring and leading an agile eCommerce team in Year1. You will have direct input into how you shape and grow the team. It is important you are results driven and want to make a real difference, your contribution will be recognised accodingly.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 5+ years success in managing a team and driving eCommerce growth
- Track record in achieving significant revenue growth through online sales
- Analysis, insight and reporting of site data with identifying and implementing areas of improvement for business strategy
- Experienced in inproving online acquisition and customer growth through conversions, retention and reactivitation programmes
- Able to manage and improve the online experience for eCommerce customers (UX etc)
- A natural self starter with a can-do attitude
- Accomplished in CMS and Google Marketing Platform stack incl. Google Analytics and Ads and SEO auditing tools such as SEMRush, Moz & Screaming Frog
You will be working at the rural HQ near East Grinstead, West Sussex, less than 10 minutes from the town center. It is, however, essential to have your own transport to get to the office, there is plenty of free parking.
Office hours are Monday to Friday 8am – 5:30pm, although hours vary with business needs for management.
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Paid volunteering working days (company and personal)
- Working in a highly social environment
- A range of long employment service awards, including enhanced pension contributions and increased holiday entitlement
If you bring a strong track record of delivering exceptional eCommerce results, from rolling up your sleeves to get the job done to building and leading a results driven team producing exceptional online sales, this could be the ideal job for you! To apply, please use the contact form below or email your CV to Natasha via firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference 1001223.