Leading Online Student Community
Do you dream of growing your content editorial career in Brighton? Are you highly creative, full of fresh ideas and able to identify quality talent in others? Do want to work with a great team whose aim is to make a positive impact on those in education?
Located in the heart of Brighton and known for being one of the UK’s leading online student communities offering a unique service for students taking their GCSEs, A levels to University and beyond! Growing year on year and now with more than 70 employees, the company offers a vast array of educational material. They are key in connecting educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections. We’re now hiring a Commercial Content Editor into the Brighton office that was named ‘Employer of The Year’ by Brighton & Hove Business Awards in 2018.
As Commercial Content Editor, you’ll report directly to the Editor-in-Chief as part of the small editorial team and will take responsibility for the advertorial production process to deliver captivating feature and video content. Driving ideation, you will work closely with the commercial team to pinpoint areas of content their target youth audiences will engage with.
Having ties to the freelance community would be beneficial, as well as the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders. You’ll need to use your project management skills to fulfil the commercial content booking calendar, not to mention have exceptional editing and proofing skill, adopting this company’s tone of voice and house style.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Previous experience producing exceptional content for high profile publications
- Exquisite writing skills and the ability to tweak your work for different publications and formats
- Able to build relationships with freelance writers, vloggers and student content creators
- Highly creative but focused on strategy incl. content calendar creation
- Previous experience of promoting content through social media
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- Pixel level attention to detail and proof-reading skills
- Previous experience using CRM system, ideally Drupal
- Being experienced in editing software, Photoshop would be a bonus
Based in Central Brighton just a 2-minute walk from the train station and a short walk to Brighton lanes and seafront.
This business cares about its employee’s personal development, happiness, wellness and work-life balance. In addition to having a strong inclusive company culture, they offer a whole range of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Life insurance and a generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare & healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Office pets
- Friday afternoon drinks and regular social, team and charity fundraising events
If you bring impeccable writing skills, have proven experience of creating content for high profile media publications and want an awesome Content Editorial job in Brighton, this is the job for you! To apply, please use the contact form below or email your CV to Natasha via firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference 1001128.